Apple and Pecan Galette
Updated: Dec 3, 2018
Yield: 20cm round Galette or 4 mini Galettes
Active time: Dough prep time + 10 minutes Galette prep + 25 minutes baking
Tin: baking tray
- 4 apples, chopped to form fine streaks (peeling optional)
- 30g Pecan nuts
- Egg wash: 1 large egg mixed with 2 tablespoons full-fat milk
- Cinnamon/sugar mixture
1. Prepare the dough using recipe for Galette Dough.
I used wholegrain flour for this recipe. I find it compliments apples and pears really well. You may opt to go 1/2 all-purpose and 1/2 wholegrain (or spelt).
2. Once the dough is ready to use preheat the oven to 200C and line baking tray with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
3. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece into 0.3 - 0.5 cm thick squares (cut off rough edges). Place apples in the middle and stuck up tightly leaving 2cm border around the edges. Sprinkle some pecan nuts on top of the apple. Fold the edges of the pastry and pleat it. Place on the baking tray. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before baking. After that time apply egg wash on the edges of pastry and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
4. Bake at 200C for 15 minutes, then decrease temperature to 180C and bake for another 10 minutes. Once baked cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to the cooling rack.
Tastes delicious while still warm and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.