Updated: Jan 13, 2019
Quick and easy breakfast fix.
Fluffy, airy, buttery pancakes made with yogurt.
Yield: 12 pancakes
Active time: 5 minutes prep + 20 minutes cooking
Tin: non-stick frying pan, flat spatula for turning pancakes
- 1 cup (240g) natural or vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs, straight from the fridge
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups* (225g) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- topping of your choice: honey, confectioner’s sugar, seasonal fruit, chocolate
1. Beat yogurt with eggs and sugar until creamy. Add melted butter and mix until combined. Add flour sifted with baking powder and baking soda. Mix until all ingredients are just combined. The batter will be thick.
2. Heat up frying pan - you can fry on small amount of oil or without oil. Fry 1 Tablespoon of batter on medium to small heat (3 pancakes at once). You want the pancake to reach golden colour and for the pancake edges to get firm (it takes about 5 minutes to fry mini pancake, turn with flat spatula and fry until golden on both sides).