Pear and Chocolate Galette
Updated: Nov 15, 2018
Yield: 20cm round Galette or 4 mini Galettes
Active time: Dough prep time + 10 minutes Galette prep + 25 minutes baking
Tin: baking tray
- 1 Galette Dough
- 4 pears, chopped to form fine streaks (peeling optional)
- 100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Egg wash: 1 large egg mixed with 2 tablespoons full-fat milk
- Cinnamon/sugar mixture
1. Prepare the dough using recipe fro Galette Dough:
I used Wholegrain flour for this recipe. I find it compliments pears really well. You may opt to go 1/2 all-purpose and 1/2 wholegrain (or spelt).
2. Once the dough is ready to use preheat the oven to 200C and line baking tray with parchment paper or silicon baking matt.
3. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece into 0.3- 0.5 cm thick squares (cut off rough edges). Place the chocolate in the middle and stuck up tightly slices of pear leaving 2cm border around the edges. Fold the edges of the pastry and pleat it. Place on the baking tray. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before baking. After that time apply egg wash on the edges of pastry and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
4. Bake at 200C for 15 minutes, then decrease temperature to 180C and bake for another 10 minutes. Once baked cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to the cooling rack. You may opt to stick in few slices of chocolate on top while galettes are still warm.
Tastes delicious while still warm and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.